Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Much Ado About Scallops

It's no secret I'm a seafood enthusiast. On my 10th birthday, all long-limbed and twiggy, I proceeded to devour 3 lbs of snow crab legs...by myself....with room for more! I've always loved seafood and always will....I think it's the New Englander in me. 

Anyway, one of my Dad's favorite seafood dishes is scallops and I remember him eating them from time to time when I was a kiddo, but I don't think I really tried them until a few years ago. They are delicious! And now, I eat them so much, I'm kind of burned out on them, but they are easy to cook and actually, quite good for you

I usually just pan sear them and throw them on top of a salad, but I had some cauliflower and heirloom tomatoes I needed to use, so I whipped up this quick, delicious meal.
Scallops, chili-spiced mashed cauliflower, heirloom tomato and feta salad


The salad is pretty self-explanatory (pick your favorite greens, chop tomato, sprinkle feta and some balsamic vinaigrette, and ta-da! Salad complete! You could add some pine nuts for a little something extra, too)

Cauliflower is actually equally as easy to make! I modified this recipe since I didn't want to use olive oil in my cauliflower, so I added a little zip by adding a tablespoon of some chili-spiced cream cheese I bought for a dinner party a few weeks back.

Broiled scallops are quick and very easy... Turn the broiler on high. Pat your scallops dry, season with coarse sea salt and black pepper and set aside. Add one tablespoon of olive oil to shallow baking dish (I just use my Pyrex) and place scallops in dish. Broil for 5 minutes, flip scallops over and broil for an additional 5 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika (for color). Serve immediately.


ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment