Monday, June 16, 2014

Food is Fuel, Folks!

So, about 9 months ago, I completely transformed the way I was eating after years of lethargy, headaches, "unexplained" high cholesterol, mood swings and just general "ickiness." It changed my life! Bottom line, friends...FOOD IS FUEL. If you put crappy gas in your car, it's going to run like crap. If you put crappy food in your body on a consistent basis, it's going to function like crap. 

Now, this is not to say I don't indulge from time to time...hello, LIFE IS FOR LIVING! But, I try to reserve those indulgences (namely french fries and/or ice cream - my guilty pleasures) for every now and again instead of right now and then, again. Believe me, I am a reformed nightly milkshake drinker and chicken nugget enthusiast, so if I can come around, you can, too!

I'm not following any sort of specific diet plan because I don't believe in diets, but I DO believe in clean eating and positive lifestyle changes. No processed foods, excessive sugar, hydrogenated oils, enriched this or that...just whole foods. Food tastes really great without lots of butter and salt and oils and that jazz. And guess what? By eating clean, you will feel better, look better and your body (and mind) will love you for it!

Another thing...GET MOVING! You can eat healthy all day long, but if you don't get moving and get some exercise, you won't see optimal changes in your body. I'm an avid cyclist and swimmer and love to try new workouts! So, I might also post about exercise along with nutrition from time to time. AND...I like to check out new natural products for the skin, hair and body, so as I find some great ones, I'll share!

Over the past several months, I've posted some of my meals on Facebook and people have been asking me for recipes and advice on what to eat, so I figured a blog might do the trick! I love to cook, and I think food is like art, so I like to eat and cook "pretty food." I consider myself a sort of "Paleo-Mediterranean" foodie (I made that up) meaning I mostly eat along the lines of the Paleo and Mediterranean diets (although, I'm not on a diet). So, that's mostly what you'll see on this blog. You definitely don't have to eat exactly what I eat (even though I think it's good), but I hope this blog inspires you to make better and more exciting food and lifestyle choices! 

I'm not a health expert or nutritionist by any means. I'm just a normal gal who has found something that works for me, loves good food and fights the urge to have ice cream every day (truth!)...so, thanks for reading and CHEERS to eating well and living well!

2 comments:

  1. You have now been added to my foodie list on Feedly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristen! I'm honored. I'll try and keep it interesting :)

    ReplyDelete