Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Foodspiration

A few friends have asked how I come up with meals... if I follow recipes or just come up with things on my own. The answer is both! I mainly come up with things on my own based on what foods I like to eat, and knowing what flavors would work well together. Then, there are times when I want to do something creative with a vegetable, and I'll research a unique, flavorful way to enjoy it!


I usually head out to my favorite grocery store on Earth (shout to Central Market) and gather my staples and then play all week to come up with fun and delicious recipes. Here is my usual grocery list:

PRODUCE

Squash
Zucchini
Red Onion
Eggplant
Cucumber
Kale
Cauliflower
Broccoli Slaw
Brussel Sprouts
Tomatoes 
Peaches
Avocado
Mango
Bananas
Blueberries 
Watermelon

SEAFOOD

Salmon
Crab
Red Snapper
Scallops
Shrimp (occasionally)

SNACKS/ADD-ONS


Seaweed/Nori Peanuts (I am seriously addicted to these)
Dried Turkish Apricots
Almonds
Dried Cranberries
KIND Bars (so great when you need something quick)
Almond Nut Thin Crackers
Goat Cheese (love it...add it to everything)
Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt (great for a lot of different things)


So these are really the staples! But, I'll add in different things depending on what inspires me! Balsamic vinegar and honey are also great things to have on hand!





No comments:

Post a Comment